SCEN103 Term Project Rules
- The project carries a weight of 20 points, the same as each of our 2 exams.
- The project is intended to be a group project; the scope of the project
should be commensurate with the group size. Each member should contribute
in a significant way to the project.
- Project format, scope, and proposed content should be pre-approved.
- Pre-approval will be accomplished through a contract written and
signed by the participating members of the group and reviewed by the instructor.
- The contract should spell out the proposed activities
and assignment of duties.
- The contract will be for 12 points -- the amount being assigned by
the instructor for content, accuracy, and effort.
- Presentation to the other groups is required.
- Oral presentation at the final meeting of the discussion session on
Tuesday, Dec. 10
is the preferred mode/date.
-- One or several speakers may be designated.
-- Order of presentation will be by lot.
-- Ten minutes would probably be about the right length.
- 2 points will be reserved for peer grading by other groups
Each group will assign a grade between 0 and 1 for each of the other groups' presentation.
- 4 points will be assigned by the instructor for
effectiveness and originality of presentation.
- Each group member will anonymously evaluate the contributions of the other
members of their group.
- 2 points will be reserved for this intragroup grading.
- A grade between 0 and 1 should be assigned to each member
(including an evaluation of your own contribution) and handed or e-mailed to the
instructor by 5 pm, Tuesday Dec. 10.
- Grades not reported will be taken to be neutral (0.5).
- A modified Olympic scoring will be used --
the highest and lowest grades will be discounted.
- Scores for groups differing in size will be appropriately scaled
by the instructor.
Back to SCEN103 Assignments.
Comments, suggestions, or requests to email@example.com.
Last updated Nov. 7, 1996.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1996.