Internet Challenge - reversed
Due by 5pm Friday, Nov. 8:
Find the answers to the following questions within each subject area.
Three points will be awarded to each member of the group for successful
completion of each subject area!
Partial credit will be considered...
Also please comment on how you found the information
(search engines used, library resources, etc.).
- Which state in the U.S. has the most nuclear reactors for electric power
- What fraction of the electrical power used in the U.S. is generated by
nuclear means? How does this compare to other areas of the world?
- How does the U.S. per capita consumption of electrical power
compare to other areas of the world?
- When was Play-Doh invented? What is its composition?
- When and by whom were the following batteries invented:
the old-style Le Clanche cell;
the modern-day alkaline cell?
- What is the smallest diameter wire (gauge) that can legally
be used for 20 A household wiring? What organization sets this code?
- How many deaths occurred from electrocution in the U.S. last year?
- What type of electrical signal is used to defibrillate a human heart?
(voltage, ac or dc, pulse duration, etc.)
How does this compare to a lightning strike?
- How many house and apartment fires are caused in the U.S. each year
by faulty household wiring? How many deaths?