DSS and Cable Television
DSS, Digital Satellite System, is a huge improvement over all types of Cable TV.
- DSS can recieve over 150 channel, compared with the 70 Cable-TV currently provides
- DSS is digital compared to the analog of Cable TV.
- DSS uses the "Ku" band frequency, much higher than the "C" Band thus allowing more channels to be viewed.
- The digital signals that get picked up through Ku band are MPEG-2 compressed video signals.
- The MPEG-2 video have a compression rate of 30:1 bits. This allows more channels to be squeezed through without damaging the clarity.
- MPEG-2FAQ version 3.7
- Direct Broadcast Satellite Kiosk
- DBS Tech Page
[ Home | History | HDTV | DSS | V-Chip | SCEN167 ]