SCEN103 11/21 Group Exercise
Submissions are verbatim :)
- At the end of the previous class we considered the positive aspects of
transistors; that is, how they helped you get to class. Today consider
the "down side" of transistors in our society...
- Describe some negative aspects of our lives that might be avoided
if the transistor had NOT been invented.
- Radiation from microwaves would not exist.
- Some traffic lights are very long.
- Computers would not work.
- Alarm clocks take away excuses.
- T.V.s take away from studying and playing outside.
- Some students wouldn't have anything to do all day
(such as videogames and computer hacking).
Top of page
- Wakes me up when I don't want to!
- Less privacy (cell phones, beepers, Internet)
- No movies, radio, TV, VCR, entertainment
- Night clubs would suck (good thing?)
- Transistors make us lazy!!
- Video phone (See #2)
- We would not have radar detectors - more tickets
- Our $100 bill would not be ugly - no security thread
- Entertainment overload (See #3)
- Tracking devices
- Web pages would suck
- Shoe designs
Back to SCEN103 Home Page.
Comments, suggestions, or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated Nov. 21, 1996.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1996.