Silicon, Circuits, and the Digital Revolution
Electrical Energy Use in the World
World Fact Book: Country
Your group will be assigned to work on the countries in one of the following
You need consider only countries with a population greater than 0.5 million.
- 1000 mile radius about Havana
- 1500 mile radius about Lima
- 2000 mile radius about Lagos
- 1000 mile radius about Frankfurt
- 1500 mile radius about Beirut
- 1500 mile radius about New Dehli
- 1500 mile radius about Shanghai
- 2000 mile radius about Jakarta
World Map indicating the regions under consideration.
- Compile the population and annual electrical energy consumption for each country.
- Calculate the per capita annual electrical energy consumption for each country.
- What fraction of the world's population does your region hold?
of the world's electrical energy consumption?
- Create a table of countries rank-ordered by the per capita annual consumption.
- Examine the table for geographical, political, or other trends that may be present.
- Please note any dramatic disparities between neighboring countries.
- Write a description of your observations to accompany your graph.
- Prepare a three-minute presentation for the next class meeting.
|| Comments, suggestions, or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated Feb. 28, 2000.
© George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 2000.