SCEN103 Third Class
Bottom of page/
Top Ten List
-- Reasons to take SCEN103
- Introduction to Ohm's law
- Definition of resistance
- Units for voltage, current, and resistance
-- sketching electrical circuits
- Electrical power and energy
- Delivered by battery
- Dissipated by resistor
- Utility companies
- Customer pays for energy delivered
- For local information, check:
Introductory group activity
Motivation -- Institute for Transforming Undergraduate Education
- Get white marker board and collect group.
- Select recorder and reporter.
- Record three things that each member of your group has in common,
but not obvious to me by looking.
(For example, "We are all wearing jeans" would be readily apparent to me!)
- Record two things different about each member; again,
preferably not classifications obvious by casual observation.
"We all like different music" is a well-worn example to be avoided.
- Brainstorm group name -- select one?
- Make brief report to class.
Back to SCEN103 Home Page.
Comments, suggestions, or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated February 15, 1999.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1999.