E-mail me the answers by 10pm on Wed. 1/21 for full credit.
You may work with one other student on this circuit analysis if you wish;
please identify your partner in the e-mail message.
Also please note how many minutes you spent solving the quiz.
I will be posting the solution to the quiz this weekend so that you may review it before the exam.
Consider the circuit above. The internal resistance of the battery is 2 ohm.
- What is the effective resistance of the circuit?
(Hint: it is not 27 ohm, nor is it 1.5 ohm!)
- What is the current through the battery?
- What is the voltage across the 10 ohm resistor?
- What is the current through the 15 ohm resistor?
- What is the power dissipated by the 15 ohm resistor? by the 10 ohm resistor?
- What is the power supplied by the battery?
Top of page
Back to SCEN103 Homepage.
Comments, suggestions, or requests to email@example.com.
Last updated Jan. 21, 1998.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1998.