SCEN103 Homework Archive
Top of page;
Back to SCEN103 Assignments.
- Due by end of class Mon. 1/5: (1 pt.)
- Due by 10pm, Tues. 1/6: (1 pt.)
- Preferably using the computer which you will most typically use to access the Internet
for SCEN103, fill out and submit the survey
regarding your current attitude toward technology.
- Due at start of class on Wed. 1/7:
- Read through the handout of Chap. 12 from
The Physics of Everyday Phenomena
- Due by Fri. 1/9, 5pm: (1 pt.)
- Look over the SCEN103 list of online newspapers.
- Find an additional science or technology listing that I can include in
my list of online newspaper resources for SCEN103
and e-mail it to email@example.com.
your "subscription" for the New York Times
-- please do NOT use the same password as your UD composer account
- Due via this e-mail form
by Sun. 1/11, 5pm (1 pt.)
- Due at start of class on Mon. 1/12: (2 pts.)
- Answer first 12 (of 19) "short" questions attached to handout of Chap. 12.
- Due via e-mail by end of class on Mon. 1/12 (1 pt.)
- Due at start of class on Wed. 1/14: (2 pts.)
- Submit written solutions to the following four exercises from the end of
Chap. 12 from The Physics of Everyday Phenomena:
E12.4, 5, 8, 12
- UNIX Worksheet (2 pts.)
- 0.5 point for creating .plan
and making it accessible to the finger command.
- 0.5 point for creating .signature
and setting pine to use it
-- and e-mailing message to
firstname.lastname@example.org by end of class Wed. 1/14..
- 1.0 point for creating a rudimentary homepage by Fri. 1/16, 5 pm.
- HTML Worksheet, due by 5pm Sun. 1/18
- Add to your personal homepage an unordered list
of the courses in which
you are registered this semester and make the word
SCEN103 hyperlink to
our course homepage.
- Quiz, due by 10pm Wed. 1/21
- Internet Challenge, due by 5pm Fri. 1/23:
(0.5 pt for each question that stumps me!)
Challenge Questions and my answers.
- Each group should pose 3 challenge areas and a specific question for each
to serve as a test of the instructor's WebExplorer status.
- SPORTS: What is the legal curvature for a hockey stick blade in the NHL?
- MUSIC: On the 1995 Phish Fall tour, how many times did they play the song "Timber Ho"?
- ASTRONOMY: When is the next solar eclipse visible from Newark, DE?
- Have one member of the group e-mail me the questions.
I should receive the three questions by the due date so that I have the
weekend to find the answer!
- I will report back with the results next week!
You will be presented with a similar challenge next class meeting.
- pine and xv Worksheet
(2 pts., w/ optional bonus pts)
- 1 point for attending discussion session on Monday 1/26
and examining figure attached to recent e-mail message.
- 1 point for completing assignment as outlined in the text attached
to the same e-mail message
-- and e-mailing message to email@example.com
by Friday 1/30, 5pm.
- 1 point BONUS:
Include your written solution as an
attachment to the e-mail message above!
- 1 point BONUS:
Attach a graphics file that I might find interesting.
- Logic Homework (3 pts.)
- Due at start of class on Wed. 2/4
- Group Term Project:
- Group Presentation to be made on Thur. 2/5 at 3:30pm
Comments, suggestions, or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated Feb. 2, 1998.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1998.