SCEN103 Second Class
Bottom of page/
Simple Electrical Circuits
Top Ten List
-- Reasons to take SCEN103
- Conductors (wires)
- Batteries (source of electrical energy, power)
- Light bulb (something for circuit to do, the "load")
- Voltage (across)
- Current (through)
Results of Demo
Fewer batteries -> lower voltage -> lower current -> less brightly illuminated.
of data plotted on viewgraph
by hand as collected in SCEN167.
Computer plot of data,
as it might appear in print.
Resistance heating group activity
Top of page/
- Select recorder, reporter, and clarifier.
- List 10 household (or other) items that use resistance heating.
- Try to identify the 5 largest consumers of electricity on your list.
- Select 5 other items that you think the other group will not mention.
- Select group name if not yet done and time permits.
- Make brief report to class.
Back to SCEN103 Home Page.
Comments, suggestions, or requests to email@example.com.
Last updated Jan. 5, 1998.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1998.