PHYS345 Electricity and Electronics
Answer for 2.38
- Assuming a load resistance of 5 ohm,
- I find the source resistance to be 0.1 ohm.
- If the load resistance is increased to 10 ohm, the terminal voltage will rise to 25.25 V.
- If the voltage source can endure it, the short circuit current will be 255 A.
- Alternatively, assuming a load resistance of 5 W at 25 V dictates a load resistance of 125 ohm,
- Then the source resistance must be 2.5 ohm.
- If the load resistance is decreased to 10 ohm, the terminal voltage will drop to 20.4 V.
- The short circuit current will be 10.2 A.
Last updated Sept. 9, 1999.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1999.