PHYS345 Electricity and Electronics
The textbook for PHYS345 is Principles and Applications of Electrical Engineering,
Rizzoni (McGraw-Hill, 2000; ISBN 0-256-26116-4).
Unfortunately a number of typographical errors remain!
Please alert me of any typos that you discover so that I may add them to the list...
There is a more extensive
page of errata at the EE331: Electrical Engineering I site.
- Problem 2.11, page 60
- Part a) should read "The power it dissipates...
- Problem 2.38, page 64
- I believe that "When a 5 W load..." should be "When a 5 ohm load..."
- Equation 6.33, page 249
- The formula for the quality factor should read:
- Equation 6.34, page 249
- The universal resonance formula should read:
- Example 13.18, page 633
- The last entry in the definition of f(a,b,c,d) should be 1001 rather than 0101,
if the Karnaugh map in Fig. 13.54 and the analysis is to be correct.
- Thanks to Brendan Dempsey for reporting this.
Last updated Nov. 7, 1999.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1999.