PHYS345 Electricity and Electronics
The textbook for PHYS345 is Electrical Engineering for All Engineers,
Roadstrum and Walaver (John Wiley, 1994; ISBN 0-471-51043-2).
Unfortunately a number of typographical errors remain!
Please alert me of any typos that you discover so that I may add them to the list...
- Page 2, Fig. 2-2(c)
- The labels on the arrows should be interchanged.
- Page 16, footnote
- ...as the work done per unit charge...
- Page 20, Ex. 2.1
- 125,000 BTU is 132 MJ, rather than 131,850 KJ, keeping the appropriate number of digits.
- Page 25, Fig. 2.10(c)
- 20 V should be replaced with 10 V.
- Page 27, Fig. 2.11(b)
- 5 A should be replaced with 8 A.
- Page 35, P2.4(b)
- This problem has serious problems! See my discussion.
- Page 43, Equation at bottom of page
- 4I1 should be - 4I1
- Page 59, Second equation from top of page
- First "=" should be "-"
- Page 91 and 93, Figs. for D4.11 and P4.3
- The inductor should be labeled j3 ohm and
the capacitor should be labeled -j2 ohm.
(Thanks to Celestina Laboy for reporting this.)
- Page 125, Eq. 6.8
- The formula for XC should not have a minus sign!
It does belong in the expression for ZC.
(Thanks to Rob Horrobin for reporting this.)
- Page 263, P9.13
- The data input for the middle flip-flop should be labeled D2.
(Thanks to Adam Tanverdi for reporting this.)
- Page 264, P9.21
- The last sentences should read "Produce all three outputs."
- Page 456, Example 14.3
- Some copies of the text mistakenly read:
Find: a differential amplifier design with a gain of 10...
"10" should be replaced with "100".
- Page 577, Example 17.1
- XL = 0.1 ohm, not 0.01 ohm.
- Page 686, Fig. A-3(e)
- The first "+" sign should be "=".
Last updated Dec. 1, 1998.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1998.