PHYS208 Fundamentals of Physics II
Group Exercise 3
In this circuit, the capacitors are initially uncharged.
Switch S2 is closed and then switch S1 is closed.
- What is the battery current immediately after S1 is closed?
- What is the battery current a long time after both switches are closed?
- What is the final voltage across C1?
- What is the final voltage across C2?
- Switch S2 is opened again after a long time.
Give the current in the 150 ohm resistor as a function of time.
Last updated Oct. 14, 1997.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1997.