PHYS208 Second Midterm Exam November 14, 1997
Is the force between the two objects repulsive or attractive?
- In a uniform magnetic field that points toward you,
will an electron circulate clockwise or counterclockwise?
- What direction of the applied magnetic field deflected the electron beam upward?
to the left
Which configuration will create the largest magnetic field at point P?
b, the one on the right
- What is the current in the bulb just at the instant that the switch is closed?
- What is the current in the bulb a long time after the switch is closed?
- What is the current in the bulb immediately after the switch is re-opened?
How long will it take to charge
the capacitor to 99% of its final stored charge separation?
- Evaluate the internal inductance of a 10 cm length of 18-gauge wire (diameter 1.0 mm).
- What is the value of the terminal velocity of this loop?
- What is the value of the current induced in this loop?
Last updated April 26, 1998.
Copyright George Watson, Univ. of Delaware, 1998.