October 11, 1993 Midterm Exam 1
2. a. What is the current through the lamp?
2. c. What is the power dissipated by the lamp?
2. d. If the current is measured to an accuracy of 2% and the resistance is known only to within 5%, what will the uncertainty of the power calculated above be (in percent)?
2. e. The polarity of one of the D-cells is switched. Now what is the current through the lamp?
3. d. Evaluate the capacitance if a = 10 mm, b = 11 mm, c = 12 mm, and d = 13 mm.
14.7 pF Thanks to Leslie Rossman for pointing out my error!
e. If identical charges are deposited on both conductors, say +1 microcoulombs, how are the charges distributed among the four surfaces?
All answers are in microcoulombs